Thank you for using the Birmingham Christian College (BCC) website. We are committed to protecting your privacy and to being transparent about how and why we collect your data and what we do with it.
Birmingham Christian College, Crowther Hall, Hamilton Drive, Selly Oak, Birmingham B29 6AJ. Tel: 0121 472 0726. Email: email@example.com.
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
On our website you can:
- Use our ‘Contact Us’ web form to send us a message. We use your name and email address to respond to your enquiry.
- Download a course application form. The data provided on this form is processed according to the Student Privacy Notice on the form.
N.B. Our website contains links to Third Party websites. BCC is not responsible for the content or Privacy Policies of these websites. We would recommend that you read their Privacy Policies.
Who has access to your data?
- The BCC staff who deal with your enquiry. Other staff will have access to your data on a ‘need to know’ basis e.g. if we need to refer your enquiry to another member of staff to be able to answer it.
- BCC may disclose personal information if required to do so by law e.g. we are required to pass Gift Aid information to HMRC. BCC may also disclose information if it believes that such action is necessary to protect our rights, property or safety and those of our students, staff, visitors or others.
- We will never share your data with Third Parties without your consent.
Where is the data stored?
Information which you submit via our website is stored within the European Union.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights:
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- To require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- To require us not to send you marketing communications.
- To require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- To require us to erase your personal data;
- To require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- To receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller;
- To object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice, how we process your personal data or to request access to the personal data that we hold about you, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by:
Telephone: 0121 472 0726
Post: Data Protection Officer, Birmingham Christian College, Crowther Hall, Hamilton Drive, Selly Oak, Birmingham B29 6AJ.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website available at: www.ico.org.uk